Wednesday 24 December 2008

First Blog

I'm not completely sure about this whole blog thing, but I figure I've heard enough about it to finally give in.

However I'm going to try and put more technical stuff up here on things I'm currently learning as I work up the ladder of working as a Hardware Design Engineer.

Here's some background. My name is Michael Peter O'Keeffe, the Peter part being important as I'm named after my dad and everyone finds him first, thinking it's myself. I completed a BEng in European Electronic Systems in 2006, in DCU (Dublin City University). Basically I studied Electronic Engineering with an emphasis on telecommunications with French for technology and a number of business modules for non-business people, like introduction to law, marketing, accounting and new entreprise development.

I've been working here in Ircona (trading as Telemed Technologies) since I finished college with a few breaks in between to go travelling. So far, I've done a lot of schematic entry using Allegro Design Entry. Projects I've worked on have varied from high speed servers to small ticketing systems and indoor mobile solutions.

I'm hoping this blog will be of some help to engineers starting off, out there. If not, it'll help me understand it by trying to explain to this blogger yokey thing.

Laters,
-Mikey

1 comment:

  1. it's about bloody time the world knew more about the most fascinating person out there. Long live the Legend of Mikey!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, only users with Google Accounts are allowed. All comments are moderated before posting.