Friday 23 January 2009

22km ski run on the Vallée Blanche

I've spent the last week here in Chamonix in Chalet Chocolat. It's been an amazing and tough week. My legs are just like jelly now, they've been put through their runs over the last few days. But I have to admit, I think it was the 22km off piste run on the Vallée Blanche yesterday that did me in and has me sitting in the chalet all day today. It was incredible though. We hired a snowboarding guide to guide us through the glacier and all the crevasses. Apparently about 10 people die each year trying to get through the glacier. I'm glad we took the safe route and hired a guide.

The scenery was magnificent and I took a load of photos. It was incredible. I'm hoping to have some photos up on my facebook for most of it.

Right, I'm off back to chilling like a villain in this beautiful chalet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, only users with Google Accounts are allowed. All comments are moderated before posting.