Thursday 19 February 2009

Trying to learn C++ fast!

For the last week, I've been trying to learn C++ using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. It's a great tool and a very useful language to know, as well as a great addition to my CV.

However, I've been currently trying to decode someone else's program in order to re-write one section of the code and it's driving me mad. I wish I could just get some program that reads the code, tries to make sense of the code and then explains in comments on each line exactly what is going on. What I want to add is a very simple little adjustment, but the problem lies with using current variables and placing it in the right part of the code, which means I must have a proper understanding of the part that I want to edit.

So I think I'll cheat for the moment instead, I'm just going to add in code as follows
puts ( "In this section, I'm doing....!\n");

This is a simple piece of code which outputs to the stream the text.

That way when I run the code, I can try and figure out where it does what. It's kind of cheating and nor really learning, but I'm under time constraints and this will do for the moment. Next problem, writing the code I want to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, only users with Google Accounts are allowed. All comments are moderated before posting.