Thursday 28 May 2009

Aardvark


A friend of mine recommended me and invited me to Aardvark. He mentioned a little bit about what it was to me so I figured I may as well check it out.

You can add it in different ways into a few messaging services. I decided to add it to my gmail. It adds itself as a contact and you talk to it as you would anyone else in gtalk. The basic idea is that you ask this contact Aardvark a question and it tries to figure what tags to attach to the question before sending it to other people who have these tags added to their profile to answer these questions. Aardvark then asks these people these questions and gives the option to answer it, pass, skip or busy. If the tag doesn't belong to a group it sends it to people who have offered to receive any question if it doesn't have a tag or an answer. I've asked it a few questions now already and I've liked the responses.

One example is: “Does anybody know a good restaurant in Dublin to bring my girlfriend?”

Answer:
Cillian:
Mona Lisa's is a good restaurant on d'olier street that has a good menu, nice atmosphere, won't break the bank and is quite romantic


So check it out, tis a good program and very easy to use. It is new and it won't be able to answer every question you ask.

Check it out at http://vark.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, only users with Google Accounts are allowed. All comments are moderated before posting.